Sandy Hook Charity Frauds: The Scams Never Stopped by INSANEMEDIA.NET
(March 18, 2013) Sandy Hook Charitable Funds: Beyond the most well known Sandy Hook funds, The United Way and Sandy Hook Promise, there are many more charitable organizations that are trolling for dollars.
This article takes a look at the veritable cottage industry that has sprung up after the December 14, 2012 event and attempts to estimate the amount that has been raised.
Follow the Money -- Getting a handle on just how much money has been raised so far is a rather difficult task. Many of the private funds for individual families do not disclose the amount raised.
Those that do, like the Sandy Hook School Support Fund and the Newtown Memorial Fund have raised over 10 million and 1 million respectively. These two are just the tip of an enormous iceberg.
Here is a partial list of funds that accept donations on behalf of families, first responders, teachers, and Newtown itself:
Sandy Hook Charitable Funds
* Sandy Hook Elementary School Victims Relief Fund ($169,066)
* Newtown Rotary Sandy Hook School Fund ($700,000)
* Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship Fund of the University of Connecticut (80,000)
* Fairfield County Community Foundation,
* The Taunton Press Newtown Family and Children’s Fund,
* Healing Newtown,
* NYA Sports and Fitness Center Community Commitment Fund,
* Donors Choose Campaign for Newtown,
* Sandy Hook Promise; previously named “Newtown United”,
* Sandy Hook Special Revenue Fund,
* Sandy Hook Private Purpose Trust Fund,
* Newtown Youth and Family Services,
* Connecticut State Grange Foundation Sandy Hook Angels Fund,
* First Responders Fund,
* My Sandy Hook Family Fund,
* Newtown Memorial Fund,
* Newtown Parent Connection,
* Lutheran Church Charities' K-9 Parish Comfort Dogs,